Why The Grove?
Situated in Hertfordshire and accessible from Central London, the stunning Grove course is one of England’s most prestigious new golf courses and since it’s opening in 2003, has quickly become a well-renowned Championship standard course. The idea behind the development and the project was that The Grove would be one of the highest quality public golf courses and it continues to play that role today.
Over 18 holes, the course provides fantastic variety in it’s length and with 4 tee options, you can give this course a go at all levels. Par 3s range from 120 – 200 yards, and the longest hole on the back tees is hole 6, the ‘Scotch Hut’ at 559 yards. Starting with the first hole ‘Follies’ and ending up on the par 4 named ‘Clock Towers’, The Grove is challenging yet accessible to all. You can see a fantastic video guide of all 18 holes at the Grove website.
With just a couple of years in existence, The Grove hosted it’s first major tournament in 2006, welcoming Tiger Woods and some of the top 50 players in the world for the American Express Championship. Woods won by 8 shots with a score of -23, defeating his nearest rivals Ian Poulter and Adam Scott comfortably and the Grove was announced into the spotlight.
But the biggest achievement for The Grove was hosting the British Masters in 2016. A large British contingent was challenging for the much coveted trophy, with Lee Westwood, Tommy Fleetwood and Richard Bland fighting in the top 5 but Alex Noren was more consistent compared to the rest of the field and won with 2 shots in hand.
It took 70-80 staff to maintain the course throughout the tournament, working tirelessly throughout the day to keep the course in excellent condition. The Grove know how to maintain an incredible course and that remains today.
Our ICON Golf Day at the Grove
On Wednesday 22nd September, we are very excited to bring you our first ICON Golf Day at the Grove. Our premium package reflects the excellent quality of the course and we have worked with our partners to bring yourself, your clients, customers, friends and family the perfect day of golf.
18 course menu
Working with the talented Jimmy Garcia, we have designed a stand-out 18 course menu so you can have a luxurious treat after every hole. Our proposed menu is as follows:
- Porthilly Oysters paired with a Hendricks Martini
- Slider Lobster Rolls, Basil & Orange Mayonnaise
- Seared Scallop in a Shell, Chic Pea & Chorizo Salsa
- Wild Seabass, Tiger’s Milk, Corn Tortilla & Pico de Gallo Salsa paired with a Watermelon Maragarita
- Bao buns, 5 Spice Pork Belly, Pickled Asian Vegetables & Sriracha Caviar
- Mojito Bar
- Wagyu Slider, Burger Sauce, Mature Cheddar & Pickles
- Aged Beef Tartare, Truffle Mayonnaise, Confit Egg Yolk
- Bloody Mary Shooter, Crispy Pancetta, Celery Cress
- Ofyr Smoked Salmon, Soda Bread, Cultured Butter paired with an Earl Grey Martini
- Watermelon Radish Taco, Tuna Tartare, Wasabi Dressing
- Whispering Angel Fountain
- Hand Sliced Jamon Iberico & Compressed Melon
- Giant Wild Boar & Apple Sausage Roll & Spiced Apple Chutney paired with mini Ale
- Scone with Jam & Cream paired with an English Garden Cocktail
- Torch your own Bone Marrow Marshmallow, Smoked Sugar paired with an Old Fashioned
- Espresso Martini & Chocolate Truffles
- Pimms & Strawberries Bar
On Course Sports Stars
We work with an abundance of sports stars at our events and the ICON Golf Day at the Grove will be no different.
You will have the opportunity to play with some famous faces in the world of sport who will tee off with you and your four ball and share stories about their sports past and probably their golf game!
Alongside the 18 course menu and celebrity appearances we have a number of extra package perks to really make the whole day special for you and your party
- On course DJ
- Win a car for a Hole-in-One challenge
- Exclusive use of The Grove clubhouse and golf facilities
- Valet parking
- Use of the driving range, short game area and putting green
- Personalised buggy and locker
- Personalised buggy with GPS yardage system
- The Grove branded tee bag and tees
- Live electronic scoring
- Post competition prize giving
Like what you read? Register your interest and book today for our world-class Golf Day Hospitality Package at the Grove, featuring an 18 course menu, celebrity appearances, full use of the Grove facilities and more.